Spirit of a Child Foundation
2021 Parent-Child Project: 12/10/21 – 12/12/21 – St. George Island, Florida.
The Spirit of a Child Foundation will host its 2021 Parent-Child project from Friday, December 10, 2021, through Sunday, December 12, 2021 on beautiful St. George Island, Florida. On Saturday and Sunday our foundation will focus on environmental education and activities that require family members to work together moving toward the process of creating healthy parent-child communication skills.
The criterion for the families is that they are in a situation of financial hardship, such as a parent living with cancer, a family living in extreme poverty, or a military family adversely affected by combat who may suffer from a physical or emotional injury, including post-traumatic stress disorder or a loss of a parent or child.
All 2021 participants will be required to check-in on Friday, December 10th by 5:00pm EST and will Departure at 5:00pm EST on Sunday, December 12th. “Our families” will have two full days of outdoor excursions. These days will be jam-packed with incredible fun, along with life-changing opportunities to explore and experience things only nature can provide!
(*Disclaimer: ‘scheduled times’ may vary or change due to weather at our Parent-Child destination. SOAC will give full communication to the 2021 selected families*)
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of this project, participating children must be age(s) 5/6-13/14, and they must be able to participate well in a group absorbing educational opportunities so that the learning environment is not disrupted.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS PROJECT:
The parent(s) or guardian seeking to attend this event with his, her, or their child/ren age(s) 5/6-13/14 should write ONE page 8 1/2″ x 11″ letter to the Foundation at P.O Box 13954, Tallahassee, FL 32317., listing the child’s age on December 10, 2021, and stating:
1. Why the parent or guardian believes he, she, or they needs to spend more quality time with his, her, their child;
2. Why the parent or guardian could not otherwise afford to attend such an event with the child/ren;
3. Why the child/ren could especially benefit from this particular experience; and
4. What special attributes or interest the child/ren possesses that make this St. George Island opportunity particularly interesting to the child/ren.
* PLEASE DO NOT SEND VIDEOS, PHOTOGRAPHS, ECT.
The Letter must be POSTMARKED by September 30, 2021.
The following expenses will be paid for by the Foundation:
– Meals that are included:
- Dinner on Friday, December 10, 2021.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Saturday, December 11, 2021.
- Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday, December 12, 2021.
– All related costs associated with activities held by our host tour group(s).
Participants will be responsible for personal items and incidentals including cell phones, phone calls, personal snacks, ect.
An inherent risk of exposure to Covid-19 exists wherever people are present. Covid-19 is extremely contagious and can lead to severe illness an death. By attending this event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to Covid-19.